MN ICE DAM REMOVAL, TIPS TO PREVENT ICE DAMS
1) Always have your gutters and downspouts perfectly clean before it snows, Make sure all leaves and debris are cleared from the roof and valleys. Run water through the gutters to make sure they drain properly and the downspouts are cleared and flowing. Or contact us, we offer gutter cleaning. Inspect your roof for holes, exposed nails, loose/broken or missing shingles etc. Or contact us to schedule a roof inspection/waterproofing.
2) Make sure your attic is extremely well insulated and properly ventilated through the roof.
3) Do not keep your building too warm in the winter, instead dress a bit warmer inside, This will save money and prevent problems.
4) Run heat line/heat tape in your gutters and down the downspouts and keep it plugged in during the winter if you’ve had problems in the past. You can also install heat lines on your roof along the edges in a v pattern extending back farther than the overhang. Or contact us to install your heat lines.
5) Shovel the snow clear of the downspouts on the ground and keep this area cleared. Snow piles over downspouts are not good.
6) Rake the snow off your roof using a plastic roof rake as far up as you can. Do this after every good snow. Or contact us to rake or shovel your roof.
7) Be observant of your heat vents on your roof and make sure they are NEVER covered with snow. This will keep the heat in your roof and make your roof “hot” which will cause melting and ice dams will follow. (Do not go on your roof if you are not comfortable!) Contact Us
If you follow all these tips you should be in good shape.
If you would like to schedule one of these services or if you have ice dams already and want to schedule our ice dam steaming service please give us a call at 612-919-4185.
Sincerely, Absolutely Clean Window Washing