California Roof Snow Removal
Heavy snow on your roof? Our California roof snow removal service can help. We are fully insured, experienced (20+years) and trusted. So don’t let the snow destroy your property.
We prevent: roof collapses, structural damage, ice dams, CO2 poisoning and more. So let us help you and your property breath easy. Breathe easy because we offer our services to all of CA including the following cities: Truckee, Lake Tahoe, North Shore Tahoe, West Shore Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, Tahoe Donner, Olympic Valley, Mammoth Lakes, and Alpine Meadows.
Our Roof Snow Removal History
Our snow removal history goes back well over 20 years! In-fact the owner Jesse began his roofing career in the Union. After 10+ years of hard work as a commercial and residential roofer this company was born. Therefore past roofing skills became incorporated quickly. And soon the largest video library about ice dam removal was born. Since then Jesse also established IDSAFE which is an association for ice dam companies who use true low pressure steamers. Because roof snow and ice dam removal should always be done correctly. So, if you need ice dams removed with steam please visit our California ice dam removal page.
Pro Tips: (Before Winter & During)
So below we have provided advice (16 pro tips) to help you and your property make it through a snowy winter.
1) Clean your gutters, drains, scuppers, roof and valley areas to allow easy drainage.
2) Have roof & attic inspected for leak points and fix/waterproof all areas of concern.
3) Photograph your roof so pipes, exhausts, skylights etc. can be found under snow.
4) With frost on the roof look for signs of heat loss and re-insulate these warm spots.
5) Insulate skylight cavities with 4 inches of rigid foam to prevent heat loss/ice dams.
6) Do not attempt to climb on a roof and remove snow without the proper safety training.
7) Keep furnace vents & pipes uncovered/un-frozen during winter. CO2 gases can kill you!
8) Remove snow soon after it has fallen. It will be easier to remove than compacted snow.
9) Use more roof rake poles and rake snow to the top, this prevents secondary ice dams.
10) Ladders on gutters or shingles can cause damage. Using a stabilizer/standoff is best.
11) Hire only an insured company that can provide you a current certificate of insurance.
12) Make sure snow removal equipment used on your roof is plastic with no metal edges.
13) Make sure no one shovels upwards or sideways on your shingles, only downwards.
14) Make sure no one wears cleats on their feet while walking around on your roof.
15) If having ice dams removed, do not allow impact such as hammers. Steam only!
16) Learn about steamers @ the Ice Dam Steaming Association For Education (IDSAFE)
Our California roof snow service covers these cities:
Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, North Shore Tahoe, West Shore Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Donner, Lake Davis, Alpine Meadows, Portola, Graeagle, Truckee, Homewood, Colfax, Olympic Valley, Carson City, Gardnerville, Dayton, Virginia City, Reno, Incline Village, Big Bear, Cold Springs, Sierraville, Foresthill, Nevada City, Campton Ville, Polaris, Mystic, Tahoma, Tahoe Pines, Glenbrook, Fallen Leaf, Meyers, Genoa, Norden, Kirkwood, Verdi, Markleeville, Mammoth Lakes and Kingsbury CA.