Iowa Roof Snow Removal
Our Iowa roof snow removal service is fully insured, experienced and trusted. Therefore when we remove snow from commercial and residential properties, our customers feel assured. We remove snow from roofs across all of Iowa. Including: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City, West Des Moines, Ankeny, Waterloo, Ames and Council Bluffs. Our snow removal service prevents: roof collapses, structural damage, ice dams, roof leaks, injury, CO2 poising and death. So let us prevent disaster on your property. To discuss our Iowa roof snow removal service in detail please call/text us at 612-919-4185 or simply contact us here.
Iowa Roof Snow Removal
Our roof snow removal service has caused us to travel the country from Boston to Oregon! However we are a Minnesota based company. And we love helping our neighbors in Iowa! We have been removing snow from roofs for a very long time, over 20 years! Over 10 years as a business and another 10+ years in the roofing industry! Our company was originally trained to remove snow and ice dams while in the union. Therefore we have removed snow from lots of large commercial and residential properties. If you have ice dams already, our Iowa ice dam removal service can remove them with true steam!
Pro Tips: (Before Winter & During)
1) Clean your gutters, drains, scuppers, roof and valley areas to allow easy drainage.
2) Have roof & attic inspected for leak points and fix/waterproof all areas of concern.
3) Photograph your roof so pipes, exhausts, skylights etc. can be found under snow.
4) With frost on the roof look for signs of heat loss and re-insulate these warm spots.
5) Insulate skylight cavities with 4 inches of rigid foam to prevent heat loss/ice dams.
6) Do not attempt to climb on a roof and remove snow without the proper safety training.
7) Keep furnace vents & pipes uncovered/un-frozen during winter. CO2 gases can kill you!
8) Remove snow soon after it has fallen. It will be easier to remove than compacted snow.
9) Use more roof rake poles and rake snow to the top, this prevents secondary ice dams.
10) Ladders on gutters or shingles can cause damage. Using a stabilizer/standoff is best.
11) Hire only an insured company that can provide you a current certificate of insurance.
12) Make sure snow removal equipment used on your roof is plastic with no metal edges.
13) Make sure no one shovels upwards or sideways on your shingles, only downwards.
14) Make sure no one wear cleats on their feet while walking around on your roof.
15) If having ice dams removed, do not allow impact such as hammers. Steam only!
These same pro tips apply to both commercial and residential roofs. Paying close attention to skylight location on commercial buildings is of particular importance. There are many news stories of people falling to death through skylights covered with snow. Likewise, there are many sad stories of people dying from CO2 poisoning. Because of frozen/snow covered exhaust pipes CO2 becomes trapped and enters the building.
Contact Us to Discuss Snow Removal Options
We offer our roof snow removal service to ALL of Iowa including: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City, Council Bluffs Ames, Dubuqe, West Des Moines, Ankeny, Urbandale, Cedar Falls, Marion, Bettendorf, Mason City, Marshalltown, Clinton, Burlington, Fort Dodge, Ottumwa, Muscatine, Coralville, Johnston, Clive, Newton, Indianola, Altoona, Waukee, North Liberty, Boone, Oskaloosa, Spencer, Fort Madison, Keokuk, Storm Lake, Pella, Carroll, Waverly, Le Mars, Fairfield, Grinnell, Norwalk, Pleasant Hill, Mount, Denison, Grimes, Decorah, Grimes, Decorah, Webster City, Creston, Clear Lake, Perry, Charles City, Knoxville, Washington, Atlantic, Sioux Center, Hiawatha, Nevada, Oelwein, Esterville, Maquoketa, Orange City, Independence, Centerville, Red Oak, Eldridge, Clarinda, Algona, Anamosa, De Witt, Glenwood, Vinton, Cherokee, Iowa Falls, Winterset, Sheldon, Manchester, Shenandoah, Harlan